Multiple advances in technologies are driving rapid evolution of application services, delivering new offerings and quality improvements. Track the evolution of offerings covered here to make informed investment decisions including the impact of COVID-19 for an optimal services sourcing strategy.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Low-Cost Domestic Sourcing
- Quality Engineering
- Human-in-the-Loop Crowdsourcing
- PMO/PPM as a Service
- At the Peak
- Continuous Product-Centric Services
- AI-Related C&SI Services
- ERP and Agile for Implementation
- ERP and Agile for Support
- Intelligent Automation for Application Managed Services
- Digital Integrator Technologies
- Cloud ERP for Global Enterprises
- IoT Services
- Collaborative Work Management
- Managed Application Services Communities
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Agile Project Management
- Testing Practices for Agile and DevOps
- Digital Business Transformation
- Digital Business Consulting Services
- Enterprise-Class Agile Development
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Application Portfolio Management
- Cloud Service Brokerage
- Interactive Application Security Testing
- Managed Crowdsourced Communities
- Climbing the Slope
- IT/OT Integration
- IoT Integration
- Entering the Plateau
- Data and Analytics Services
- Work-From-Home Agent Technology
- Application Security Testing Suite
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.