Accounting-Based Small Business Management Applications Market Exhibits Slow Growth for 2003
Published: 11 November 2003
The No. 1 application used by small businesses is an accounting package. The market for accounting-based small-business management applications has continued to remain strong through 2003, albeit slowly.
Table Of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Study Objectives
- Methodology and Source Data
- Market Segmentation
- Accounting-Based Small Business Management Applications Definition
- Related Research
- Accounting-Based Small Business Application Market Trends
- New Technologies and Products
- Demand for Given Features and Functions
- Rich Built-In Reporting Capability (1)
- Rich Integration With Other Applications and Platforms (2)
- Business Analysis and Decision Support (3)
- Transaction Drill-Down Capabilities (4)
- Ease-of-Use Features (5)
- Rich End-User Customization (6)
- Rich Import/Export Capabilities (7)
- Ability to Classify or Categorize Transactions (8)
- Industry-Specific Processing Capabilities (9)
- Rich Inventory Management Features (10)
- Ability to Make On-the-Fly Pricing Adjustments (11)
- Variable Pricing Levels Assigned to Inventory (12)
- Improving Secure Access to Internal Systems (13)
- Ability to Confine Users to Specific Tasks (14)
- Stronger Developer/Partner SDKs (15)
- Project-Costing Features (16)
- Automatic Quote-to-Order Conversion (17)
- Web Store and E-Commerce Capabilities (18)
- Richer Multicurrency Support (19)
- B2B Web Portals (20)
- Credit Limit Assignment Capabilities (21)
- Market Visionaries
- NetSuite (Formerly NetLedger) (1)
- ACCPAC (2)
- Intuit (3)
- Best Software (4)
- Microsoft Business Solutions (5)
- iCode (6)
- Softline North America (7)
- MYOB (8)
- Intacct Corp. (9)
- Open Systems (10)
- Cougar Mountain Software (12)
- Red Wing Software (13)
- CYMA Systems (14)
- Market Drivers
- Barriers to Entry/Vendor Challenges
- Go-to-Market Approach
- Opportunities and Recommendations
- Glossary of Terms
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.