The Gartner Scenario 2005: IT Leaders' Next Big Decisions
Published: 20 July 2005
The goal of the Gartner Scenario is to provide user and technology provider clients with our latest predictions on how the IT industry and its products and services will evolve.
Table Of Contents
- Introduction: Economic and Business Forecasts and the Views of CEOs
- New Priorities for CIOs
- The CIO Agenda
- Emerging Business Trends
- Short-Term Planning: The Next Big IT Decisions
- The Next Big Decisions in Hardware and Operating Systems
- The Next Big Decisions in Software
- The Next Big Decisions in Networking
- The Next Big Decisions in IT Services and Management
- The Next Big Decisions for CIOs
- Long-Term Planning: Emerging Trends
- Emerging Technology Trends
- Emerging Trends for IT Professionals
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.