Market Trends: Electronic Design Automation, Worldwide, 2005
Published: 05 December 2005
The electronic design automation market continued to experience slow revenue growth in 2004. Revenue growth in the EDA market will remain stagnant until new leaders emerge.
Table Of Contents
- Report Overview, Definitions and Methodologies
- Report Organization
- Data Collection Process
- EDA Subapplications — Segmentation and Definitions
- Major Trends
- CAE: RTL Simulation Drives the Market
- Electronic System Level
- RTL Methodology
- Design for Test
- Hardware/Software Co-verification
- The Gate-Level Methodology
- Miscellaneous Tools
- IC CAD — A Market in Turmoil
- IC Place and Route
- IC Implementation and ASIC Layout
- Custom Place and Route
- Process Migration
- Design Rule Checking
- IC Physical Analysis
- IC Simulation Program With Integrated Circuit Emphasis
- Physical Libraries and Tools
- IC Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- Technology Computer-Aided Design
- Resolution Enhancement Technology
- PCB Design
- PCB Market
- PCB Physical Analysis Tools
- PCB Timing
- PCB Signal Integrity
- PCB Electromagnetic Interference
- PCB Power and Thermal Tools
- Printed Circuit Board Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- Printed Circuit Board Simulation Program With Integrated Circuit Emphasis
- PCB Virtual Prototype
- The Forecast
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.