Hype Cycle for E-Learning, 2006
Published: 05 July 2006
Mark R. Gilbert,
Karen M. Shegda,
Rita E. Knox,
Waldir Arevolo De Azevedo Filho,
Gartner's 2006 Hype Cycle for E-Learning shows the maturity level of various e-learning technologies. Before investing in e-learning more aggressively, understand the risks and rewards of each technology.
Table Of Contents
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- On the Rise
- Immersive "Edutainment"
- Mobile E-Learning
- At the Peak
- Authoring Suites
- Smart Enterprise Suites
- Learning Analytics
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Web Services for E-Learning
- E-Learning Suites
- Expertise Location and Management
- Learning Content Management Systems
- Virtual Classrooms
- Digital Rights Management (Enterprise)
- Climbing the Slope
- E-Learning Application Service Providers
- E-Learning Integration
- Application Simulation Tools
- Web Conferencing
- Enterprise Content Management
- Programming-Free Authoring Tools
- Learning Management Systems
- Entering the Plateau
- Embedded Just-in-Time E-Learning
- Off-the-Shelf Content Courseware
- Self-Paced IT Courseware
- Previous Iteration of the Hype Cycle
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.