Hype Cycle for XML Technologies, 2006
Published: 11 July 2006
L. Frank Kenney,
Richard G. Harris,
Rita E. Knox,
Barry R. Hieb, M.D.,
The technologies covered in Gartner's 2006 Hype Cycle for XML touch security, analytics, semantics, content, e-commerce, and the Web computing infrastructure. They affect every enterprise in every industry.
Table Of Contents
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- On the Rise
- Office Open XML File Formats
- Modernized e-File (MeF)
- XML Topic Maps
- Predictive Model Markup Language
- Context Inspired Component Architecture (CICA)
- Service Provisioning Markup Language
- At the Peak
- RSS Enterprise
- Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA)
- Corporate Semantic Web
- Extensible Access Control Markup Language
- Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument)
- Tax XML
- HIPAA Claims Attachments
- ACORD XML Life
- XML Rendering
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Extensible Stylesheet Language — Formatting Objects (XSL-FO)
- Web Ontology Language
- XML Appliances
- Universal Business Language (UBL)
- ebXML Messaging Service
- HL7 V3 Messages
- Public Semantic Web
- ACORD XML For P&C/Surety
- XML-Aware Editors
- ebXML Registry
- Climbing the Slope
- Web Services Security Standards
- Security Assertion Markup Language
- HL7 CDA R2
- XML-Enabled Database Management Systems
- Resource Description Framework
- Web Services Description Language
- Entering the Plateau
- Really Simple Syndication: Blogs
- Off the Hype Cycle
- Previous Iteration of the Hype Cycle
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.