Forecast Analysis: IPTV Subscribers and Service Revenue, Worldwide, 2004-2010
Published: 17 October 2006
Gartner Dataquest's accompanying forecast for Internet Protocol TV users and service revenue shows dynamic growth, but less than expected by many carriers and their suppliers. Here we examine the reasons why.
Table Of Contents
- IPTV Forecast: Top-Level Insights
- Broadband Is Main Driver of IPTV Penetration
- A 74% Five-Year CAGR for IPTV Subscribers Is Less Than Many Expect
- Drivers and Speed of IPTV Subscriber Growth Vary Markedly by Region
- ARPU Differences Will Cause IPTV Revenue to Vary Greatly by Region
- IPTV Operators Will Overestimate Revenue From Sources Other Than Basic and Premium Programming
- IPTV Forecast: Focus on Individual Regions
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.