Business Process Management and Enterprise Architecture: The New Synergy
Published: 16 November 2006
The evolution of BPM and EA has led to powerful complementary capabilities derived from different origins. By employing a common methodology and notation to business process modeling, benefits are delivered to each discipline for a highly synergistic relationship.
Table Of Contents
- Two Growing Disciplines
- The Role of Business Process Management
- The Role of Enterprise Architecture and Its Viewpoints
- The Primary Intersection Between Business Process Management and Enterprise Architecture
- Business Process Management's Contribution to Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture's Contribution to Business Process Management
- Available Modeling Tools to Bridge Business Process Management and Enterprise Architecture
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.