Q&A on ITAM Performance Metrics
Published: 12 December 2006
At Gartner's annual IT Asset and Software Management Conference, several questions were raised following a presentation on ITAM performance metrics. This research provides guidance on important issues raised by session attendees.
Table Of Contents
- Key Differences Between Performance Reporting and Performance Management
- Key Metrics in Reporting IT Asset Management Performance
- What to Do When Your Service Provider Won't Report Performance on Certain Metrics
- The Importance of External Calibration on IT Asset Management Performance
- How to Determine Whether Different Performance Metrics Should Be Used When Services Are Outsourced
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.