Can IBM Tivoli Keep Netcool Hot? (Event Consoles, Network Monitors and Agents)
Published: 22 December 2006
David Paul Williams
IBM Tivoli's plans to wrap the Micromuse Netcool products into its software portfolio will result in many IBM Tivoli customers experiencing unplanned product changes. Customers need to put a plan in place to move to the strategic products and consider alternatives.
Table Of Contents
- IBM Tivoli's Plan of Action
- IBM Tivoli ECA and BSM Products Aligned With the ECA Maturity Model
- ECA Products
- For clients who use TEC today and do not have Netcool/OMNIbus and Netcool/Impact:
- For clients who use Netcool/OMNIbus and Netcool/Impact:
- ECA Agents
- For Clients Using Netcool Agents
- For Clients Using IBM Agents
- Network Monitoring Products
- For Clients With NetView (Distributed) and/or Switch Analyzer
- For Clients With Netcool/Precision
- The Challenges of Blending Two Products
- Move When You Are Ready
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.