Introducing Gartner's Server SEM Release 3.0
Published: 14 February 2007
Server Scorecard Evaluation Model Release 3.0 introduces new depth to our well-established server market overview. In the future, the model will be accessed only through a new online tool, which is a standard component of the Gartner for IT Leaders IT Infrastructure and Operations service.
Table Of Contents
- Full Use of Software Stacks for Six of the Seven Workloads
- Full Breakdown by Processor and Platform
- New Support for Major Geographies
- Additional New Support for Gartner Verticals
- Support for Separating Out Niche Operating System Processor Mixes
- Numerous Data Changes Where Justified
- New Server SEM Graphic for Visual Data Views
- Top-10 and Generic View Data Now Has More Information
- The Bottom Line
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.