Vendor Rating: Dassault Systemes
Published: 25 April 2007
Dassault Systemes, evolving from a strong tradition of collaborative mechanical design, is delivering enterprise-centric PLM offerings. Existing CATIA and Enovia customers will benefit most quickly from Dassault Systemes' expanding scope.
Table Of Contents
- Analyst Comments
- Corporate Viability
- Dassault Systemes Is Progressing Toward Enterprise-Centric PLM
- Dassault Systemes' Financial Health Remains Strong, but Maintaining Current Rates of Growth Will Be Challenging
- Realignment of the IBM Partnership Places More Marketing Burden on DS
- Dassault Systemes Has Expanded Globally Through Acquisitions
- Market Offerings
- Dassault Systemes Software Is Expanding From a CATIA-Centric Engineering Foundation to a Broader Enterprise Scope
- CATIA PLM Express Provides a Growth Path for SMBs to High-End DS Software
- A Strong Core IT Platform, but Integration Challenges Lie Ahead
- Price Competitiveness Depends on Product Line
- Customer Service/Support
- DS Has Strong PLM Market Coverage
- CATIA and SolidWorks Support Is Strong, While Enovia VPLM and Enovia SmarTeam Support Continues to Improve
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.