Dataquest Insight: PC Market Trends in China Call for Hybrid Channel Approaches
Published: 17 September 2007
Trends in China are changing the way PC vendors need to do business. Growing knowledgeable customers demand more than just PC hardware and have the money to pay for it. Vendors are adopting a long-term approach to sell into smaller cities and towns.
Table Of Contents
- China's PC Market Is Growing Rapidly
- Indirect Channels Are on the Rise
- Rising Income, Plus Falling PC Prices, Equals Greater PC Affordability
- Indirect Channels Have Wider Geographic Coverage
- New Indirect Channels on the Rise
- What Users Expect From Channels
- What PC Vendors Expect From Channels
- What Channels Expect From PC Vendors
- Segment China’s PC Market, and You'll Be Closer to Success
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.