SWOT Analysis: Brazil Shifts to Global Sourcing
Published: 03 December 2007
Brazil is emerging as a global services destination due to its promise as an alternative or complementary location to other offshore locations. This research analyzes Brazil's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as a country destination for global services delivery.
Table Of Contents
- Brazil's Strengths
- Time Zone for U.S. Buyers
- Geographic Proximity to the U.S.
- Cultural Affinity
- Effectiveness of Human Resources
- Competitive Risk-Adjusted Cost
- Brazil's Weaknesses
- Critical Mass of Service Providers
- Brazil Inc. "Brand" Requirements
- Labor Pool Competencies
- Scalability of the Labor Force
- Foreign Perception of the Country
- Springboard to the U.S. Market
- Maturing Economies in Latin America
- Emerging Local Service Providers
- Institutional Support for the IT Service Industry
- Leveraging Different Language Skills
- Acceptance of Alternative Delivery Models
- Regulatory Environment Shifts
- Perception of Economic Status
- Investments in the IT Sector and Support of the Education System
- Labor Rate Increases
- Labor Law Requirements
- Intellectual Property Protection, Privacy and Data Security Issues
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.