Role Definition and Organizational Structure: Business Process Improvement
Published: 28 July 2008
This document defines the BPI roles and depicts three possible reporting structures.
Table Of Contents
- Business Process Improvement Role Definition
- Business Process Director
- Business Process Consultant
- Business Process Architect
- Business Process Analyst
- Job Titles and Related Relationships
- Additional Roles and Relationships
- Organizational Structures
- Option 1: BP Director Reports to IT
- Option 2: BP Director Reports to Business
- Option 3 — The Blended Model
- Recommendations and Considerations for Roles and Organizational Structures
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.