IT Procurement Best Practice: Optimize Your Supply Chain as Part of Vendor Consolidation
Published: 31 March 2009
Enterprise IT vendor managers can no longer rely on the traditional hierarchy of vendors and channel partners. Obtain the best possible value from both technology and service providers by optimizing your supply chain.
Table Of Contents
- Why Do Technology Providers Use Channel Partners?
- How Do Technology Providers Optimize Their Supply Chain?
- What Can Be Negotiated With a Channel Partner?
- Does Vendor Consolidation Always Drive Better Discounts?
- How Do Service Providers Optimize the IT Supply Chain?
- How Can Enterprises Optimize the IT Supply Chain?
- How Many Vendors Do You Need to Manage in the Supply Chain?
- The Bottom Line
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.