Dave Messett is a Senior Director security analyst in the Technology and Service Provider (TSP) division of Gartner, researching Emerging Technology and Trends (ETT) for technology product leaders. Mr. Messett researches technology, markets and trends impacting Security Operations Centres (SOC) with a specific focus on Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) and Extended Detection and Response (XDR). This focus includes User and Entity Behaviour Analytics (UEBA), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and cloud interaction. He has more than 25 years of high-tech experience in product leadership positions with security and IT companies including IBM, KasperskyLab, Intel and McAfee.
Mr. Messett has previously worked in technical, marketing, and product marketing roles.
- "Led product and solutions marketing, implementing strategic best practices and integrating into sales and field marketing across EMEA
- Created B2B external product messaging, differentiation, USPs, customer benefits and competitive positioning
- Created internal and external marketing content for websites, emails, blogs and brochures
- Delivered marketplace and competitive analysis to support content creation and sales enablement teams
- Evangelism across a large range of industry-wide and channel partner events, both physical and virtual
- Directed external research and survey programs to identify key customer requirements and deliver highly-utilised materials to support company USPs and differentiation"
Marketing Manager, Technical Consultant, Mid Market Leader
Product Marketing Manager
Intel / McAfee
Director of Product & Solutions Marketing
Messaging and Differentiation
Portfolio Growth, Vision and Strategy
Technology Marketing Effectiveness
Emerging Technologies and Trends Impact on Products and Services
BSc, Management Science with Computing, University of Kent, 2:1 (Hons)
1Security product leaders - applying emerging technology into security product roadmaps and portfolios, especially SIEM, SOAR, XDR and Endpoint Protection
2Security product leaders - go-to-market strategies and tactics, including target positioning, messaging, and marketing strategies
3Security buyers - product and vendor evaluation, especially SIEM, SOAR, XDR, EPP and EDR
4Security buyers - key security operation centre issues and trends to facilitate strategic planning and budgeting
5Security product leaders - product evolution, adjacent markets, partnering and OEM