Steven Lefebure is the Practice VP of Gartner's Healthcare and Life Science Industry Research Group, focusing on digital healthcare strategies at the intersection of business and IT. Mr. Lefebure's focus is on how digital technology can be leveraged to confront challenges in healthcare. His research areas have included population health management, analytics, consumer/patient engagement, blockchain and digital business in healthcare.
Mr. Lefebure's experience spans healthcare, pharmaceuticals and consumer goods industries. He has held a variety of leadership roles in all aspects of the value chain from production planning to inventory management and network design, and from procurement to demand management/forecasting. He led critical initiatives across the pharmaceutical and consumer goods demand chain under a variety of challenging situations:
- Managed procurement department for a drug wholesaler, including branded and generic pharmaceuticals, HBA/OTC products, and private label.
- Improved sourcing decision speed and accuracy via designing and implementing decision support tools aligned with business results.
- General Manager of a pharmaceutical trading company with over $1B in revenue.
- Managed a distribution network of more than 50 wholesalers and specialty distributors to reach pharmacies and physicians.
- Designed and implemented a performance management system for creating transparency in the distribution network and driving business results.
- Transformed demand chain performance by deploying new processes supported by advanced planning and optimization tools.
- Leveraged knowledge and insights to improve clinical development and clinical supplies management.
Director - Distribution Channel Strategy
Vice President, Supply Chain Strategy, Procurement
Director - Supply Chain Planning
Healthcare Consumer, Member and Patient Engagement (retired)
Healthcare Analytics Strategy and Innovation (retired)
Healthcare Next-Generation Strategy Development (retired)
M.B.A., Finance/Marketing, University of Chicago
B.S., Computer Science, Iowa State University
1What are healthcare trends and forces, and their implications?
2What are next-generation healthcare environment challenges?
3How does digital business apply to healthcare organizations?
4How do you lower costs while driving higher performance and effectiveness?
5How do you manage trading relationships, policy and distribution channels?