1. Adoption of emerging trends: Hearing about the robotic process automation (RPA) trend emerging, S2E did not have much information about:
• The level of future adoption it would have
• The demand scale
• Reasons behind this new technology emerging
• The most innovative players in the market
The lack of a 360-degree view of the market made it difficult to identify and evaluate vendors in order to have a diversified portfolio.
2. Talent attraction and retention: As a tech advisor, S2E needed to scout and hire talent to sustain growth. S2E looked to refine the employee value proposition to be attractive on the labor market, increase the number of employees and boost retention.
3. S2E needed precise expertise on go-to-market strategy, repositioning from a traditional system integrator to an innovation business technology consultant.