Gartner Critical Capabilities deliver focused insight into providers’ product or service offerings and how these rate against common client-usage scenarios. This essential companion to the Gartner Magic Quadrant enables Gartner clients to:
- Map provider strengths and challenges against specific business requirements
- Gauge providers’ ability to deliver on what clients require today and in the future
- Quickly assess how well providers are executing against their stated visions
Gartner is testing updates to its Critical Capabilities research to evaluate new ways to reflect the latest changes to a product or service’s capability score or fit for a use case in rapidly iterating markets. This pilot project is running in fifteen markets, with additional markets to be added throughout 2019.
Gartner will produce updates for each product or service as needed and will include a new write-up and adjusted scoring. Updates will publish as separate documents linked to the published Critical Capabilities report. Latest scoring will also feature in the interactive version of the Critical Capabilities report.
The inclusion criteria, use cases and scoring criteria are determined by the annual Critical Capabilities report, to ensure updates are consistently assessed against a common framework.
The test parameters include:
- Producing updates only for providers included in the Critical Capabilities
- Not adding or removing products/services during the pilot
- Continuing to monitor provider releases and other market changes. Providers can alert Gartner to changes at: CCupdatepilot@gartner.com (Note: This mailbox does not replace the standard vendor briefing process.)
- Using an accelerated fact review process