Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
In 2011, business users continued to exert significant influence over BI decisions, often choosing data discovery products in addition to/as alternatives to traditional BI tools. An avalanche of new use cases, content types and interaction models expands the scope for tomorrow's BI platforms.
Table of Contents
Vendor Strengths and Cautions
- Board International
- Information Builders
- Panorama Software
- Salient Management Company
- Tibco Software (Spotfire)
Vendors Added or Dropped
- Vendors Added
- Vendors Dropped
- Vendor Strengths and Cautions
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Ability to Execute
- Completeness of Vision
- Niche Players
- Evaluation Criteria
1. Differences Between Business Users and IT Drive Product Preferences
2. Data Discovery Momentum Continues to Accelerate
3. The Rise of Mobile Computing Changes the Face of BI
4. Putting the Focus on Decision Support
5. An Avalanche of New Use Cases and Content Types
6. Removing Complexity From the BI Equation
Where Is Innovation Coming From in Today's BI Platform Market?
- 1. Differences Between Business Users and IT Drive Product Preferences