28 May 2009
The potential for a pandemic profoundly illustrates the need for complete, comprehensive communications between your enterprise and suppliers. Review, and where necessary re-establish, those connections immediately.
- 'Swine Flu': Lessons in Pandemic Preparedness From the Financial Industry
- 1 May 2009
- The international H1N1 influenza ("swine flu") outbreak highlights the critical urgency of pandemic preparedness planning. A recent U.S. financial services study indicates that most enterprises may not have planned adequately; we provide guidance that can be applied in any industry or region.
- The 'Swine Flu' is a Reason to Plan, not Panic
- 27 April 2009
- Enterprises should not overreact to the worldwide swine flu outbreak and the media attention surrounding it. But they should take this event as a wake-up call and review and test their pandemic response plans.
- 'Swine Flu' Means Test Transaction Document Recovery Plans Now
- 28 April 2009
- The worldwide swine flu outbreak and the media attention surrounding it should not lead enterprise to panic. But they must take this opportunity to test their print and mail business continuity plans.
- New U.S. Guidance on IT in Pandemics
- 3 March 2008
- Financial institutions examined by the FFIEC must rewrite their pandemic responses to deal with the possibility of extended 40% peak absentee rates. New guidance stresses the central role of IT in enabling operations and requires extensive testing of preparations.
- Research Roundup: Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery, January 2009
- 9 February 2009
- Gartner�s coverage for business continuity management and IT disaster recovery management crosses many internal research teams, replicating the way it should be organized for every organization. It is summarized so that business and IT leaders keep up with the important practices and latest trends.
- Q&A for Business Continuity Management: Best Practices for Plan Management
- 3 November 2008
- Without a centralized and automated approach, managing business continuity management plans is a difficult task, one that puts the recovery of the enterprise at risk because of the use of outdated information for response-and-recovery efforts.
- Toolkit: Requirements for Crisis Command and Emergency Operations Centers
- 14 February 2008
- The crisis command center or emergency operations center is the organizational focal point of authority, control, communication and coordination during a crisis. Use this Toolkit to determine the requirements for a new center or to assess the effectiveness of an established center.
- The Worldwide SARS Epidemic: Lessons Learned
- 16 December 2003
- The severe acute respiratory syndrome epidemic of 2003 is over, but the deadly virus could return again in early 2004. We must learn from this outbreak and prepare for similar crises in the future.
- Advisory #13: H1N1 is now "officially" a pandemic�
- Advisory #12: Don�t Think the Risk of Novel H1N1 is Over - The Southern Hemisphere is Just Starting its Winter Season
- Advisory #11: Pandemic Plans Should Consider Pandemic Severity Level, Not Just Pandemic Spread
- Advisory #10: NEDRIX Survey on Pandemic Response Actions Taken to Date
- Advisory #9: Using the Current H1N1 Situation as a Pandemic "Stress Test"
- Advisory #8: Are You Including Legal Analysis in Your Pandemic Plans?
- Advisory #7: What If the Pandemic Is Widespread, but "Not That Bad"?
- Advisory #6: Phase 5 - A Strong Signal of Imminent Pandemic
- Advisory #5: Who Does What Next?