Ian Bertram is a Global Manager within the Data & Analytics team at Garter. He currently manages the Data Management team, which focuses on trends such as moves toward logical data warehouse, modernization of database, and the future of data integration and data management in support of analytics.
Mr. Bertram has a background in the APAC region in many areas of IT, starting from hardware and platform research (such as PCs, PDAs, servers and storage) to APAC software research. He managed Gartner’s global Analytics team for more than 12 years, and he now manages the global Data Management team.
Mr. Bertram has spoken widely on the adoption of IT across the APAC region. Prior to joining Gartner in November 1998, he was with IBM for 10 years, where he held a variety of roles, including financial analyst, new market development manager, IBM direct programs manager, and product management and brand marketing manager in the APAC region.
Key Initiatives I cover
- Data and Analytics Leaders
- Data Management Strategies
Top Issues I Help Clients Address
- Postgraduate in Marketing Management and Direct Marketing Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing and Industrial Relations
- How can I develop a data and analytics strategy?
- What are the building blocks for a successful data and analytics program within an organization?