Gartner Business Process Management Excellence Awards 2014
Now Accepting Nominations for the 2014 Gartner Business Process Management Excellence Awards.
What are the Gartner Business Process Management Excellence Awards?
Gartner Business Process Management (BPM) Excellence Awards program highlights world-class BPM programs and projects that deliver business results by broadly sharing their successes, challenges and insights.
If you have recently implemented a successful BPM program or project with resulting business impact, don't miss out on the opportunity to publicize this accomplishment and honor those responsible for its success. Whatever your industry or government sector, and no matter the focus of your BPM program or project, we want to hear your story. Apply today!
Gartner is now accepting nominations for the 2014 BPM Awards program globally and the winners will be selected by region (EMEA, APAC, and the Americas). Each set of regional winners will be announced at the corresponding regional Gartner Business Process Management Summit:
- EMEA: March 19-20, 2014, at the Park Plaza Westminster, London, U.K.
- APAC: May 19-20, 2014 at the Hilton Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Americas: December 10-12, 2014 at Caesar’s Palace, Las Vegas, US.
When Does the Gartner BPM Excellence Awards Competition Close?
Deadlines are by region, so please note the appropriate deadline for your region:
- EMEA Deadline: 16 December 2013
- APAC Deadline: 3 March 2014
- Americas Deadline: Tuesday 1st July, 2014
One overall winner will be selected for the Global BPM Excellence Award based on the compelling business results achieved with their BPM program.
Up to three winners will be selected in each region and invited to the regional BPM summit to receive their award and participate in a session. We do require a representative from each winning organization to attend our event to receive the award and potentially present their case study.This year there will be no specific categories and applicants will be evaluated as explained in the next section.
Winners will be notified either no later than two months after deadline close in each region, or about two months before the relevant BPM Summit where winners will appear.
Improved business results is the most important critical success factor for any BPM effort This year we are particularly interested in business results beyond cost reduction, such as increased revenue, competitive advantage, reduced risk, increased customer satisfaction, time-to-market improvements, improved process visbility and a more proactive response to business disruptions. We are particularly interested in your success in improving cross-boundary process performance at a strategic level. Your case study must include specific, quantified business results and a detailed description of the business objectives and metrics used to measure improved business results, along with baselines prior to processes change.
How can organizations enter the BPM Excellence Award Competition?
Applicants for the Gartner BPM Excellence Awards must use the Microsoft word document provided (download it from this webpage). There are 3 steps to the submission process:
- The first part is compulsory and involves writing a summary of their BPM project or program in the following format:
- Situation: Describe the opportunity/challenge faced by your organization and why you choose BPM techniques/technology to solve it.
- Target: Identify the strategic business outcomes targeted by your BPM project or program and the quantified targets that your BPM project or program aims to improve. How did they support strategic business outcomes and key business goals highlighted in your organization’s business strategy?
- Action: Explain in detail how BPM techniques and technologies were used to tackle the opportunity/challenge in question. How did you organize your team to support this BPM project/program?
- Results: List the results achieved from your BPM project or program (quantitative results and ROI are preferred). How did you measure improvement in performance (give details of actual metrics used where possible) and how will you ensure that these improvements are aligned to driving the desired business outcomes? How can you prove that these results have impacted strategic business outcomes?
- In addition, please clarify why BPM was the correct approach in this situation to achieve business performance excellence
Award submissions will only be accepted via this email address. No other forms of entry submission (such as courier packages to Gartner analysts) will be accepted.
A review team from the Gartner analyst community will evaluate and rate each entry based on how clearly the entrant demonstrates excellence in their BPM project.
Who Can Participate?
All organizations – large, small, public or private sector, global or regional - that are not vendors or service providers are eligible and encouraged to apply,
We encourage vendors and providers to assist their customers in submitting an application!
Note if you intend to apply: we do expect the winners to speak at the relevant regional Gartner BPM Summit. Please understand that if you cannot participate publically, you may not get an award.
What Happens if I’m Selected as a Gartner BPM Excellence Award Winner?
If you are selected as a winner or an award finalist you must confirm within one week of notification that you will participate in the Gartner BPM Summit in your region Gartner. Specific dates will be specified in these notifications.
For participation in the Gartner Business Process Management Summit, the winners and Award Finalists must be prepared to:
- Provide a 3-5 sentence text as well as a single slide bullet summary of their BPM project for use in a Gartner press release and our BPM Excellence Awards presentations at the BPM Summits.
- Discuss your achievements at the relevant regional Gartner BPM Summit. This could include creating a short MS Powerpoint presentation and delivering a talk as part of a case study session or group panel. Alternatively, it could include participating in a roundtable with conference attendees to talk about and answer questions about your case study.
Note: BPM service providers and technology vendors may not present on behalf of a winner or award finalists.
Awards will be presented to winners and award finalists at the Gartner Business Process Management Summit in their region, though the award winners might be announced in advance of the event.
What To Do If You Have Any Further Questions:
Please download our Frequently Asked Questions document here.
A glossary of BPM technological terms used in the application form is available here.
Please email any further questions not covered by our FAQ document to:
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
Samantha Searle, Bruce Robertson and Janelle Hill