Please read this Letter carefully and ensure that you understand this Letter.
Your personal information as listed below (“Personal Information”) will be collected, transferred outside of mainland China and processed by Gartner group companies and other legitimate processing parties for the Transfer and Processing Purposes as described below. We are asking for your separate consent for this processing under China’s Personal Information Protection Law (“PIPL”).
You have the right to withhold your separate consent. However, without your separate consent, we can’t identify you and may not transfer and process your Personal Information. As a result, you will NOT have access to Gartner’s appropriate services/products/events for the Transfer and Processing Purposes, which includes without limitation to your downloading of Gartner’s article(s) or eBook(s) and Gartner’s sharing with you other content/opportunities that you may be interested in.
We will take necessary measures to ensure the transfer and processing of your Personal Information by the overseas recipients will meet the equivalent level of protection as described under PIPL.
1. Contact Information of Overseas Recipient (Gartner Inc.)
Global Data Protection Office
56 Top Gallant Road
Stamford, CT 09602
2. Transfer and Processing Purposes
For marketing, sales and research purposes:
· allow you to have access to Gartner’s appropriate products/services/events (including without limitation to your downloading of Gartner’s article(s) or eBook(s) and your attending Gartner’s online/offline events) and receive suitable services/products with better user experience;
· allow Gartner to share with you products/services/opportunities that you may be interested in and contact you via internet, mobile, telephone and email;
· allow you to protect your legitimate rights and Gartner to protect its legitimate rights including without limitation to intellectual property right.
We appreciate you understand that cross-border supports and resources outside of mainland China, in terms of Gartner’s offering of products/services/events under the Transfer and Processing Purposes, are necessary for Gartner who is a globally operating multinational company.
3. How will your Personal Information be Processed
Your Personal Information will be collected, outbound transferred to and processed by Gartner Inc. in the USA under the business collaboration between Gartner China and Gartner Inc. for the Transfer and Processing Purposes.
Within Gartner group of companies, the products/services/events that you may be interested in under the Transfer and Processing Purposes have been delegated/entrusted to Gartner Inc. to provide.
On some occasion Gartner Inc. may use the tool of overseas third-party vendor(s) to reach out to you. This process is under the control and supervision of Gartner Inc.
For the Transfer and Processing Purposes, you will also be contacted by Gartner via internet, mobile, telephone and email in terms of the products/services/events/opportunities that you may be interested in.
You have the right to opt out from being contacted by us if you follow the way to exercise such right as described below.
4. Types of Personal Information to be Collected/Transferred/Processed
Your name, email, phone number and job info (title, level, function and role);
Name and address of the company you work for
5. How to exercise your rights under PIPL and SCC
After 30 days upon your acceptance of this Letter, you will be automatically entitled to the rights as a third-party beneficiary under the Standard Contract Clauses for Outbound Transfer of Personal Information(“SCC”) between Gartner China and Gartner Inc (unless you expressly object to it within said 30 days).
You may contact Gartner Inc. via regular mail at the above address, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your legitimate rights under PIPL/SCC. When doing so, please provide your full name, email/contact number and identity credential for our verification, and your specific request. We may get back to you with additional information request as necessary for our fulfilment of your request. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.