Gartner Business Intelligence Excellence Award
Submit Now: Application Deadline: February 6, 2013
The Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Excellence Award is dedicated to promoting excellence in Business Intelligence, Analytic Applications and Performance Management. The award, launched in 2005 will be awarded to one of three finalists presenting their cases live at the Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit on Monday, March 18 in Grapevine, TX (Dallas area). The awards recognize the most successful recent BI implementations by organizations that demonstrate high levels of business impact and overall excellence in the integration of business, decision, analytical and information processes.
All NA-based organizations who have demonstrated excellence in using BI and analytics are eligible and encouraged to apply including:
- Gartner clients or non-clients
- Large Enterprises, and Small to Midsize businesses
- Private sector, Government and non-profit
- All vertical industries
The BI Excellence Award is for end-user organizations only. Technology vendors or service providers are not eligible; however they are allowed to assist their customers in submitting an application.
Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit 2013
March 18-20, 2013
Grapevine, TX (Dallas area)
Show the world your success! The Gartner BI & Analytics Summit is a high-profile event attended by top industry players from world-class organizations. Past winners have reaped tremendous media publicity and industry accolades from their Gartner Excellence Awards.
What will the winner receive?
- Gartner BI Excellence Award Winner Trophy
- Two Passes to the 2013 Gartner BI & Analytics Summit
- Media Exposure and Industry Visibility:
winners will be announced and posted on gartner.com
post-event press release will publicize this outstanding achievement.
What will the two runners-up finalists receive?
- Industry recognition
- Two Passes to the 2013 Gartner BI Summit
HOW to Apply?
Applications must be received by close of business on February 6, 2013. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any questions please email BIExcellenceAward@gartner.com.
How Are the Winners Selected?
A short list of Finalists will be selected from the applications by a team of Gartner analysts. Criteria will be based on levels of maturity and scope of applications. The BI & Analytics Excellence Award candidates will define their solution using the Framework outlined in the Gartner research note titled Gartner's Business Analytics Framework.
Selection Process for the BI & Analytics Excellence Award:
Finalists for the "BI & Analytics Excellence Award" will be selected based on how well the organization demonstrated excellence in the use of an enterprise-wide BI and analytics initiative. All entries will be evaluated on:
- Tangible business results such as discovering new analytical insights that lead to improvements in revenue generation, cost reduction, or operational efficiency.
- Applicability of the business intelligence and analytics initiative to specific business decisions.
- Creating insightful performance measurement systems that align your organization behind key objectives and identifies opportunities to improve performance.
- The ability to demonstrate excellence and innovation in the implementation of the various levels/components of the Gartner Business Analytics Framework defined above.
Three (3) Finalists will be selected from the submitted applications and notified by February 20, 2013. Each finalist will be asked to present their BI & analytics use case to summit delegates at the Gartner BI & Analytics Summit 2013 taking place March 18, 2013 at the Gaylord Texan Hotel & Convention Center in Grapevine, TX. Summit participants will have the ability to vote for the finalist demonstrating the best example of BI and analytic excellence. From this feedback the winner will be selected. The winner will be announced at the summit.
You are signing up to receive event information for Gartner Events. The region where the Event is located is where you will be receiving the information from.
Your information will be protected by Gartner's strict privacy policies and will only be used to provide information for this Gartner Event and other related Gartner Events.