Managing Vice President
26 years at Gartner, 40 years industry experience
Location: Stamford, CT USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Lawrence Orans focuses on network security research. He assists chief information security officers and their direct reports in developing network-based strategies for mitigating security threats. Mr. Orans is the lead author for Gartner's Secure Web Gateway Magic Quadrant. He also helps drive Gartner's SASE research and Zero Trust research.
Prior to joining Gartner in 1997, Mr. Orans held systems engineering positions at IBM, 3Com and Bay Networks (via Wellfleet Communications), where he worked with enterprises on designing and implementing secure network infrastructures.
- 3Com, Systems Engineer, 2 years
- Bay Networks, Systems Engineer, 3 years
- IBM, Programmer/Systems Engineer, 9 years
- B.S., Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.B.A., Stern School of Business at New York University
- Golden Quill, Gartner, 2014
- Thought Leadership, Gartner, 2015
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
10 June 2021Best Practices for Implementing Zero Trust Network Access
02 June 2021Market Guide for Network Access Control
15 April 2020Quick Answer: How Do We Optimize the Cost of Secure Web Gateways?
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.