23 years at Gartner, 45 years industry experience
Location: CT USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Roberta Witty is a Vice President in Gartner Research, where Ms. Witty is part of the Security and Risk Management Programs group. Her primary area of focus is business continuity management. She is the Key Initiative Lead for the Technology, Information and Resilience Risk KI and the Security and Risk Management Leaders KI. She also chairs the Women in IT track for Gartner's annual Security and Risk Management conferences.
Prior to joining Gartner, Ms. Witty managed the technology risk management function for the corporate trust business of The Chase Manhattan Bank. In this role, she was responsible for awareness, advisory and compliance services regarding the business implementation of IT control policies, including information security, business continuity and Y2K business resumption planning. Before joining Chase, she was the information security officer for ING (New York), where her responsibilities included information security program development and implementation, security administration, and business continuity planning. Prior to ING, Ms. Witty held information security positions at the heritage organizations of both Chase and Chemical Bank.
- ING/New York, Information Security Officer, 2 years
- The Chase Manhattan Bank, IT Risk Manager, 3 years
- The Chase Manhattan Bank, Information Security Analyst, 2 years
- B.S., Management Information Systems, University of New Haven, CT
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
11 November 2022Presentation Slides: The BCM Software Ecosystem
26 October 2022Tool: EMNS Use Cases, Message Volume and Solution Consolidation Analysis
14 October 2022The Business Impact Analysis: A Business Value Essential for Resilience
- 09 March 2020 Leading Through COVID-19: How Your Business Can Respond
- 19 March 2020 Leading Through COVID-19: Pandemic Preparedness Requires Strong Business Continuity Management
- 24 March 2020 Leading Through COVID-19: CIOs’ Short- and Long-term Actions