EVP, Research & Advisory
31 years at Gartner, 33 years' experience
Location: Arlington, VA USA | Language(s): English, Slovenian
Roles and Responsibilities
Val Sribar leads Gartner's global Research & Advisory organization of over 3,000 professionals, who deliver actionable, objective insights that enable executives and their teams to excel in their roles. Client roles served include leaders in business functions (e.g. Assurance, Customer Service, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Product Management, Supply Chain) and IT Leadership Roles across over a dozen industries. A 33-year industry veteran, he joined Gartner in 2005 with the acquisition of Meta Group. His personal areas of expertise include: strategy, leadership, change management, budgeting, and macro disruptions. Mr. Sribar holds a bachelors degree from Cornell University School of Engineering.
Mr. Sribar was most recently responsible for Meta Group's Executive Directions and Industry Services. Previously, he was an Executive Directions analyst working one-on-one with CIOs and other IT leaders. During his 12 years at Meta, he served as general manager of infrastructure, operations, security and customer relationship offerings. He also ran Meta's Global Networking Strategies service.
- Ernst & Young, Senior Consultant, 3 years
- Meta Group, Senior Vice President & Director, Executive Directions & Industry Services, 12 years
- Micro Devices Corp., Assistant to the President, 2 years
- B.S., with distinction, Materials Science and Engineering, Cornell University School of Engineering.
- Co-author of two books in the IT Best Practices Series: (1) "The Adaptive Enterprise: IT Infrastructure Strategies to Manage Change and Enable Growth"; and (2)"Enriching the Value Chain: Infrastructure Strategies Beyond the Enterprise"