Distinguished VP Analyst
17 years at Gartner, 42 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Andrew Frank covers marketing and advertising. As VP Distinguished Analyst with Gartner for Marketing Leaders, Mr. Frank specializes in best practices for data-driven marketing, including how organizations can use data to drive sales, loyalty, innovation, brand value and other business goals. He also focuses on emerging marketing technology and trends, including marketing applications of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, algorithmic marketing, and marketing in emerging environments such as metaverse and Web3. Mr. Frank also specializes in advertising technology and business trends. His research focuses on new opportunities in digital advertising leveraging mobile, social, video, and advanced TV platforms and channels, and utilizing advanced targeting, metrics, interactive design, and real-time ad operations.
Mr. Frank has spent more than 28 years focusing on technology-driven innovation for major media companies, ad agencies, and startups, and the last 15 focused on interactive marketing and internet development, providing him with knowledge not just of the technologies, but also of the business goals and practices of media and advertising companies.
- Ogilvy & Mather Interactive, Vice President, Partner, Head of Technical Design, 4 years
- Organic (an Omnicom Company), Group Director of Engineering, 2 years
- Viant, Vice President and CTO, Media & Entertainment, 6 years
- B.A., with high honors, Wesleyan University
- 2007 Gartner Industry Research Einstein Award: "Best in Thought Leadership"
- 2007 Gartner Research Thought Leadership Award
- 2009 Gartner Quantitative Research Excellence Award
- 2013 Gartner Research Thought Leadership Award
- 2018 Gartner Marketing & Communications Thought Leadership Award
- DMA Silver Echo Award: ExpressNet on AOL (1995)
- New Media Invision Award: "Best Streaming Media Website" (Sputnik7) (1999)
- Webby Award: "Best Music Site on the Internet" (2001)