Distinguished VP Analyst
15 years at Gartner, 45 years industry experience
Location: CA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Andrew Walls is a Distinguished Vice President Analyst in Gartner Research & Advisory. His research focuses on the CISO with emphases on security strategy, CISO skills/career development, management communications, employee behavior management/education and ethical practices within the security function. Outside of Gartner, Mr. Walls is an active hiker and backpacker.
Mr. Walls has more than 40 years of experience in the IT industry. Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Walls was a principal security consultant for Cybertrust Australia, where his practice focused on ISMS development, security governance, breach investigations and compliance assessments. Before that, he worked in financial services security for HBOSA (BankWest). Prior to his concentration on information security, Mr. Walls worked in software development, product management, database design and IT management for commercial and educational organizations.
- Coflexip Stena Offshore, IT Manager and Security Director, 1 year
- Cybertrust Australia, Principal Security Consultant, 4 years
- Halifax Bank of Scotland Australia (BankWest), Information Security and Risk Specialist, 4 years
- B.A., Chemistry and Philosophy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.B.A., Marketing and Finance, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Gartner Analyst of the Year, 2014
- Gartner Presentation Excellence Award, 2016
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
16 November 2022Innovation Insight on Security Behavior and Culture Program Capabilities
01 November 2022Quick Answer: What Should CISOs Do When Employees Continue to Take High-Risk Actions Even After Security Training?
30 September 2022CISO Foundations: Build a Culture of Security Consciousness: Introducing the Gartner PIPE Framework