Group Vice President
15 years at Gartner, 26 years industry experience
Location: Germany | Language(s): English, German
Roles and Responsibilities
Juergen Weiss is heading Gartner's Data & Analytics (D&A) Research and Advisory practice. His responsibilities include the strategic direction of Gartner's D&A practice including the successful roll-out of the new role-based product for Chief Data and Analytics Officers. Mr. Weiss leads a highly talented group of analysts, researchers, advisors and data scientists. Mr. Weiss has more than 15 years of IT experience. Prior to joining Gartner, he had several executive roles in product management, development and consulting at SAP, where he was globally responsible for one of SAP's product lines in financial management.
Before joining Gartner, Mr. Weiss had 11 years of hands-on application experience, including strategy, development, system integration, product package selection and management responsibilities for international products, and consulting teams.
- SAP, Director Solution Management, 10 years
- SAP, Germany, Consulting Director, 1 year
- Westdeutsche Landesbank, PR Manager, 2 years
- Diplom-Kaufmann (Degree in Business Administration), University of Hagen, Germany
- Diplom-Volkswirt (Degree in Economics), University of Heidelberg, Germany
- M.B.A., IT Management, Graduate School Mannheim, Germany
- Stanford Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Gartner Thought Leadership award in 2016.
- Gartner Thought Leadership award in 2021.
- Listed as one of the 100 Most Influential People in Finance in 2006 by the Treasury and Risk Management Magazine.