Distinguished VP Analyst
18 years at Gartner, 34 years industry experience
Location: CT USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Chris Howard is Gartner's Chief of Research. In that role, Mr. Howard ensures that Gartner research meets the general and industry-specific needs of senior executives, with emphasis on both technical and business leadership. Mr. Howard leads the Senior Content Leadership Board at Gartner where he is responsible for the development of integrated topics that cross all of Gartner's research. In that capacity, he regularly interacts with and advises CEOs, board members and other senior executives at the world's largest enterprises. He is the recipient of several Gartner thought leadership awards.
Mr. Howard has been involved in multiple areas of technology as a consultant, teacher, developer, architect and analyst. His experience covers enterprise application architecture, program management, multimedia and training. At U.S. Bank, he was responsible for development framework architecture, branch renewal and emerging technology. Prior to joining the bank, he owned his own company specializing in technology applications for multimedia and performance.
- Burton Group, VP and Research Director, Executive Advisory Program, 5 years
- Silverstreet Productions, Owner, 10 years
- US Bank, VP, Information Delivery and Payment Systems, 5 years
- BMus and MMus, McGill University, Montreal
- DMA, University of British Columbia
- Gartner Thought Leadership Award: 2012, 2013, 2016, 2018
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
31 May 2023Video: ChatGPT, LLMs & Generative AI: What Your Business Needs to Know
31 May 2023Video: How to Actually Get Started With Generative AI in Your Business
21 February 2022Future of Work Trends: A Gartner Trend Insight Report
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
- 06 November 2023 - 09 November 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.