Distinguished VP Analyst
8 years at Gartner, 30 years industry experience
Location: USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jim Hare is a Distinguished Vice President in Gartner's Technology and Service Provider Research and Advisory group. His research coverage includes AI, data science, and analytics & BI. He is also the Gartner Vendor Lead Analyst (VLA) for Amazon. Mr. Hare advises tech providers on how to best adapt their product and go-to-market strategy to emerging technologies & trends, market dynamics, and buyer preferences.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Hare built and led the go-to-market strategies at a number of startup and midsize software companies in the California bay area.
- Actian, Senior Director, Product Marketing, 2 years
- Cognos, VP, Product Marketing and Business Development, 3 years
- IBM, Marketing Director, 5 years
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.S., System Management, University of Southern California
- SAE Wright Brothers Award for Meritorious Service
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
23 May 2023Applying AI — Industries
17 May 2023Measuring the Market Opportunity in Analytic Platforms
16 May 2023Market Share: Analytic Platforms, Worldwide, 2022
- 14 June 2023 - 15 June 2023 Tech Growth & Innovation Conference
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.