7 years at Gartner, 23 years' experience
Location: United Kingdom | Language(s): English, Greek
Roles and Responsibilities
John Kostoulas is a Vice President Analyst focused on technology strategies towards key business and talent outcomes - such as employee experience (EX), DEI, talent agility, employee wellbeing and the future of work - and on the future of HR technologies and services. John supports HR, IT and other business leaders on technology strategy decisions related to these areas of research. He also advises HR technology and service providers of various sizes, from startup to established, on market trends and product strategies / roadmaps. Finally, John conducts frequent presentations to corporate leaders, providers and investors around HR technology market trends and emerging technologies. John is the co-leader of the Digital HR Transformation Research Community, a group of Gartner HR analysts, advisors and researchers, and the former co-leader of the Software Market Community, a group of 30+ software market analysts, where he led focused research initiatives on emerging technologies and market trends.
Before joining Gartner, John had 16 years of holistic experience and a solid track record in human capital technology and transformation from the perspectives of consulting and service providers, software vendors and large corporates. He has led numerous global-scale initiatives for world-class organizations on global implementation of leading technology solutions including: change management, technology operations and adoption, global service delivery/process/metrics design, global shared services/BPO business case creation/setup/transition, and organizational design of various functions.
- Coca-Cola HBC, Group HR Business Process Leader, 4 years
- Oracle, Senior HCM Sales Consultant, 2 years
- Vodafone, Principal Manager, Global HR Systems Architecture and Operations, 2 years
- Diploma in Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete
- Leadership Decision Making, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Master of Business Administration, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Gartner Top-10 Predict for 2019: "Through 2022, 75% of organizations with frontline decision-making teams reflecting diversity and an inclusive culture will exceed their financial targets"
- Gartner Top-10 Predict for 2022: "By 2024, 30% of corporate teams will be without a boss due to the self-directed and hybrid nature of work"
- Gartner Top-10 TSP Trend for 2022: Talent Agility
- Human Resource Executive 2023 Top 100 HR Tech Influencers
- Process Management Expert (OCEB)
- Project Management Professional (PMI)
- Projects Management diploma for EU projects (Euroscience)
- SAP HR Application Consultant (SAP)