7 years at Gartner, 19 years industry experience
Location: MI USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mike Ramsey is a Vice President, Analyst, in Gartner's CIO Research Group and is a Key Initiative Leader for Manufacturing Digital Transformation and Innovation. Mr. Ramsey covers smart mobility and the evolution of the automotive and transportation industries, including digital ecosystems, the rise of vehicle autonomy, connected vehicles, new business models, advanced technologies and the monetization of connected vehicle data.
Mr. Ramsey spent more than a decade covering the automotive industry through its most tumultuous period since the Great Depression. He wrote about the rise of the electric vehicle and vehicle autonomy and the rapidly changing group of businesses that are contributing to the industry.
- Bloomberg, Automotive Reporter, 4 years
- The Wall Street Journal, Automotive Reporter, 6 years
- Bachelor of Science, Journalism, Ohio University
- Society of Professional Journalists: Automotive Reporting Excellence Award 2013, 2015
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
18 May 2023A Brick-and-Mortar Innovation Ecosystem
19 April 2023Innovation Insight: How to Make Vehicle-Based Payments Successful
17 April 2023Video: The Importance of IT and Software in Manufacturing Technology
- 16 October 2023 - 19 October 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
- 06 November 2023 - 09 November 2023 IT Symposium/Xpo
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.