7 years at Gartner, 27 years' experience
Location: NC USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Roger Williams is a Maverick and creative thinker about technology topics with a unique blend of operational experience, framework knowledge and a relentless focus on improvement. He covers CMDB tooling and practices, IT asset management (ITAM) tools and strategies, IT asset discovery and IT service dependency mapping tools, digital platform conductor tools, and approaches to managing infrastructure lifecycles and technical debt. He is also actively researching the future of I&O. Mr. Williams' focus is on helping clients get more value from their technology investments now and in the future.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Williams spent over 20 years in IT at Lowe's Home Improvement and Walmart. His interest in how the various elements of IT come together to create business value is reflected by his numerous certifications including ITIL Expert, CGEIT, TOGAF 9.1 (Level 2) and PMP. He is also the author of "Managing in a Service Focused World," part of the itSMF USA Thought Leadership series.
- Lowe's Companies, IT Project Manager - Continual Service Improvement, 18 years
- Walmart, Field Support Analyst, 4 years
- B.S., Computer Engineering, University of Arkansas
- CGEIT Worldwide Achievement Award, December 2015
- Certified ITIL Expert
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
26 September 2023I&O Leaders Must Overcome 3 Fears for Successful Digital Transformation
25 August 2023Quick Answer: Can Public Cloud Migration Fix Infrastructure Technical Debt?
09 August 2023I&O Must Treat Hybrid Digital Infrastructure as a Supply Chain
- 04 December 2023 - 06 December 2023 IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference