Lydia Clougherty Jones
Sr Director Analyst
6 years at Gartner, 26 years' experience
Location: TN USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Lydia Clougherty Jones is a Sr. Research Director in the Data and Analytics Group. Ms. Jones' research and coverage is directed to the Chief Data & Analytics Officer. She specifically covers data and analytics strategy, D&A value, derisking enterprise value, data sharing for business value, data reuse and resharing, data ecosystem and partnership strategies, data monetization, data/digital ethics, privacy as business strategy and blockchain smart contracts. She has over 20 years of business and legal experience helping Fortune 100 and 500 client navigate data collection and data sharing initiatives while complying with industry best practices. She is also an Adjunct Professor of Law at Boston University and Vanderbilt University.
Prior to joining Gartner, Ms. Jones practiced law for over twenty years. Helping private and public entities navigate data collection and data sharing initiatives while complying with privacy rules and industry best practices, she was a business and legal data monetization strategist. She also worked with businesses across multiple industries to expand business opportunities through data and analytics, data insights and data monetization. While in private law practice, Ms. Jones was one of the first lawyers in the U.S. to practice internet Law. Predating the start of the dot-com era, she launched an internet Law and online privacy practice group advising clients on data collection/sharing and privacy issues, and using digital business alliances to increase revenue and growth opportunities.
- Jennings, Strouss & Salmon (large law firm), Partner, 9 years
- Private Consultancy, Data Monetization Strategist, 7 years
- B.A., Boston College (English major; Philosophy major) (with honors)
- J.D., Boston University School of Law (editor in chief of probate law journal)
- LL.M., New York University School of Law (legal philosophy concentration)
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Boston University Law School
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Best Lawyers in America, Information Technology, 6 consecutive years from 2005 through 2010