Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Deception techniques such as honeypots are not a new concept in security; however, new techniques and capabilities promise to deliver game-changing impact on how threats are faced. This research articulates how product managers can successfully use threat deception as a threat response tactic.
Table of Contents
- Imagine the Future — A Deception Wave Is Eminent
- Why Leverage Deception?
- The Honeypot Lives On With the Emergence of Distributed Decoy Systems
- Intelligence-Led Deceptions Are Crucial to Disrupting the Attacker
- Four Styles of Deception — The Deception Stack
- Examination of Deceptions Possible at Each Kill Chain Phase
- Factors That Will Drive Adoption
- Factors That Will Inhibit Adoption
- Actions for the Next Six to 18 Months
- Technology Description
Gartner Recommended Reading