Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Competitive and social pressures are pushing knowledge workers, including IT professionals, to experiment with cognitive enhancement drugs. CIOs in the vanguard will be the first impacted and must take an early leadership position. (Maverick research exposes unconventional thinking and advice.)
Table of Contents
Do "Smart Drugs" Make You Smarter?
- Scenarios for CED Adoption
Advantages of CEDs in the Enterprise
- Synthesizing New Insights
- Supporting Workers at the Lower End of the Cognitive Spectrum
The Ethics of Cognitive Enhancement
- Legal Status of CEDs
- Stacking Side Effects
- Overestimating Cognitive Abilities
- Social Coercion
- Impact on Authenticity
- Do "Smart Drugs" Make You Smarter?
Gartner Recommended Reading