Scaling digital initiatives requires increased networking agility. Network automation is a great way to start improving network agility, and also increases uptime while reducing opex. This research identifies how I&O leaders can start and/or improve network automation initiatives.
- Achieve Quick Wins by Implementing Culture Hacks Such as No-CLI Fridays and/or Holding Automation Hackathons
- Culture Hacking
- Networking Culture Hacks
- Measure, Reward and Socialize Network Automation by Targeting Business Outcomes
- Socialize the Value
- Measure and Reward
- Implement Network Automation in a Gradual Fashion
- Automate Nonchanges and Lower Criticality Activities First
- Require Automation for New Infrastructure Buildouts
- Invest in Personnel by Shifting the Hiring and Training Focus Toward Specific Competencies
- Focus on New Skills
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2019 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.