Endpoint attacks are proliferating at the same time that endpoint access requirements are becoming more sophisticated than ever. It is time for security and risk management leaders to structure the way they follow best practices and to adopt the innovations that are reaching the age of maturity.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- At the Peak
- DLP for Mobile Devices
- Browser Isolation
- Managed Detection and Response
- IoT Security
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Mobile Threat Defense
- Device Endpoint Security for Frontline
- Unified Endpoint Management
- Virtual Mobile Infrastructure
- Zero Trust Network Access (Software-Defined Perimeter)
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- In-App Protection
- User and Entity Behavior Analytics
- Secure Instant Communications
- Trusted Environments
- Mobile Identity
- Climbing the Slope
- Data Sanitization
- Protected Browsers
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Enterprise Digital Rights Management
- Secure Web Gateways
- Secure Enterprise Data Communications
- User Authentication Technologies
- Entering the Plateau
- Endpoint Protection Platforms
- Content Collaboration Platforms
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.