Robert Thanaraj is part of the Data Management team in the Data & Analytics practice. His research focus is on Data Management Solutions. He equips data and analytics leaders with insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities around strategy, best practices, market guidance, technology selection, operating model, etc.
Robert can advise Gartner clients on the following areas:
- Modern Data Architectures including Data Fabric, Mesh, Lakehouse, Hub, Marketplace.
- Metadata capabilities including Active Metadata, Cataloging, Semantics, Lineage and Usage.
- Data Engineering practices including DataOps, Data Teams & Operating Model, Data Product Management, Data Engineer role.
- Data Management in the cloud including Cloud migration planning, multicloud integration strategy.
- Data Integration tools (ETL/ELT, CDC, streaming, data virtualization, API, data preparation).
- DataOps tools (orchestration, test automation, release automation, environment management, observability).
- Finally, Robert is Gartner's vendor lead analyst for Informatica. He can provide a cross-market overview of Informatica for procurement and executive leaders.
Prior to Gartner, Robert has over 15 years experience in several data and analytics roles including consulting and end-user roles. He comes from TalkTalk, a Telecom provider in the UK, where he has led the delivery of a large team of Data Engineers and has been instrumental in the cloud migration of an Enterprise data warehouse.
Data Warehouse Dev. Manager
Senior BI Developer
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Data Management Solutions
Data and Analytics Programs and Practices
Master's in Computer Applications
Bachelor's in Computer Science
1Data Integration, Metadata, Data Fabric
2Data Engineering, DataOps, Data Engineer
3Emerging Data Architecture Trends, Logical Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Hub, Lakehouse, Data Mesh
4Cloud Migration, Data Management in the Cloud