A new CFO turns to Gartner for support in building board-ready capital allocation and M&A strategies.
Having been recently acquired by a private equity firm, the organization hired a new CFO to take advantage of more aggressive growth opportunities. The CFO had six months to develop a leading-edge capital allocation and M&A strategy to present to the board.
Gartner was able to:
- Present the client with best practices from leading “efficient growth” companies
- Introduce guides on performing a midcycle CAPEX review and screening capital investments
- Guide the client in using customizable tools and templates on M&A, tax and cultural due diligence
- Discuss the client’s draft strategy; provide feedback and recommend improvements
- Help the CFO create a comprehensive strategy that addressed M&A approach, targets, pipeline and how to build internal capabilities to support the strategy
Gartner helped the client build a comprehensive strategy that was backed by the board. The client credited Gartner with the plan being completed in half the expected time.