Gartner Magic Quadrant research delivers a wide-angle view of the relative positions of the market’s competitors. It offers visual snapshots, in-depth analyses and actionable advice that provide insight into a market’s direction, maturity and participants.
This essential companion to the Gartner Critical Capabilities enables Gartner clients to:
- Compare a provider strengths and challenges with their specific needs
- Gauge providers’ ability to deliver on what clients require today and in the future
- Quickly assess how well providers are executing against their stated visions
Gartner is testing the creation of Corporate Transaction Notifications to complement its Magic Quadrant research, and to evaluate new ways to further assist organizations’ vendor selection process. End-user organizations better preparing for the merger, acquisition or divestment of IT providers can lead to improved operational IT costs. This pilot project is running in 11 markets.
Gartner will produce analysis of significant corporate transactions (mergers, acquisitions and divestments) that pertain to vendors featured in a Magic Quadrant graphic. The analysis will be published as separate documents, linked to the relevant published Magic Quadrant report that is active on gartner.com. The Magic Quadrant graphic will remain unchanged.
The test parameters include:
- Producing Corporate Transaction Notification only for providers included in a Magic Quadrant graphic
- Not changing vendors dot position in a Magic Quadrant graphic
- Continuing to monitor provider releases for corporate transactions; providers can alert Gartner to corporate transactions via the standard vendor briefing process
- Using an accelerated external review process