Distinguished VP Analyst
4 years at Gartner, 36 years industry experience
Location: IL USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mark McDonald, Ph.D., is a Vice President and a Gartner Fellow within the Gartner for General Managers team. Mr. McDonald is responsible for the research focused on the application of technology to business, its products and services. He is the lead author of research in the areas of digital technology, social media, the business use of advanced technologies, and enterprise transformation. He is the author of "The Digital Edge" (October 2012). He is the co-author of the "The Social Organization" (2011) with Anthony Bradley and co-author with Peter Keen of "The eProcess Edge" (2000). He appears regularly in the Wall Street Journal, Computerworld, CIO Magazine, the Financial Times, South By Southwest and other publications. He is currently working on the issue of innovation in management.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. McDonald was a partner at Accenture, where he was responsible for launching the digital strategy practice.
- Accenture, Partner, 14 years
- Connecticut National Bank (now Bank of America), Vice President, 5 years
- B.A. (Honors), Economics and Political Science, Colgate University
- Master's Degree (honors), Economics and International Finance, Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
- Ph.D., Technology Policy Management, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Author, with Andy Rowsell-Jones, of "The Digital Edge" (2012)
- Author, with Anthony Bradley, of "The Social Organization" (2011)
- Author, with Peter Keen, of "The eProcess Edge" (McGraw-Hill, 2000) and numerous other publications
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
17 May 2023High Tech: 1Q23 Roundup and Look Ahead
16 May 2023High-Tech Ability Assessment
04 May 2023A New Type of Relationship With Tech Providers Generates Breakthrough Results
- 14 June 2023 - 15 June 2023 Tech Growth & Innovation Conference
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.