Distinguished VP Analyst
26 years at Gartner, 29 years industry experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Mr Firstbrook utilizes his 25+ years of experience as an industry analyst to help clients improve their security posture to defend and respond to malicious attacks. As a Distinguished VP Analyst, Mr. Firstbrook is responsible for endpoint protection platform ("EPP"), Endpoint Detection and Remediation ("EDR"), extended detection and response (XDR), Security vendor consolidation, and Workspace Security. He is also the lead Analyst for Cisco Systems inc. He helps companies implement best practices, select strategic technologies and buysmart quote reviews.
Before joining Meta Group in May 1997, Mr. Firstbrook worked as a financial analyst, implemented retail and branch office networks, developed software for tax reporting/invoicing programs, and was a database administrator.
- Meta Group, Sr. Research Analyst, 8 years
- Syndication Monitors, Financial Analyst/Marketing Director, 5 years
- Yorkminister Financial, Database/Network Administrator, 3 years
- B.A., Economics, University of Western Ontario
- B.S., Computer Science, American Institute, Delta Epsilon Tau honors
- Canadian Securities Diploma, Canadian Securities Institute
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
05 April 2023How to Improve Endpoint Security to Protect Organizations Against Advanced Cyberattacks
07 March 2023Vendor Rating: Cisco
28 February 2023How to Successfully Deploy Application Control
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.