8 years at Gartner, 28 years industry experience
Location: ON Canada | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Adam Ronthal is a Research VP in Gartner's ITL Data and Analytics group with a primary focus on database management systems, technologies and strategies. Mr. Ronthal's areas of specialization include both operational- and data-warehousing-focused use cases, cloud, and financial governance for cloud. Mr. Ronthal joined Gartner in January 2015 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Prior to joining Gartner, Mr. Ronthal was the technical marketing lead for IBM's new cloud-based data warehousing offering - dashDB. He also had key roles in product marketing and strategy for the PureData System for Analytics (Netezza) and served as a competitive analyst covering data warehousing vendors.
- CiRBA, Sr. Product Specialist and MIS Manager, 3 years
- IBM, Senior Technical Marketing Analyst, 4 years
- Netezza, Technical Account Manager, 4 years
- B.A., Ethics, Politics and Economics, Yale University
- 2009 American Business Award (Stevie) for Support Department of the Year
- 2010 American Business Award (Stevie) for Netezza Technical Account Management Team
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
23 December 2022Predicts 2023: Chief Data and Analytics Officers Need to Create Value and Make an Impact Now
15 December 2022Critical Capabilities for Cloud Database Management Systems for Analytical Use Cases
06 December 2022Predicts 2023: Data Management Solutions Finally Leverage Foundational Concepts