Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
In healthcare, the transformation to digital business is in its very earliest stages. However, it is already clear that old assumptions and industry practices for managing data will not survive. Healthcare CIOs must recognize the significance of the implications to data management.
Table of Contents
The Rules for Managing Data Must Change in the Transformation to Digital Healthcare
Data Will Deliver Value Differently in Digital Healthcare
Starting the Conversation About the New Rules
- Rule No. 1: Healthcare Data Has No Material Center in an Application, an Enterprise, an Industry or an Economy (Gartner)
- Rule No. 2: In Healthcare, People Are (Among Other Things) Users (Gartner)
- Rule No. 3: Healthcare Security Is a Game of Offense (Cheri Kane, PwC Health Services)
- Rule No. 4: Pricing Data Is Public Data (Marcee Chmait, SpendWell)
- Rule No. 5: Patient Data Is Patient Property (Gartner)
- Rule No. 6: There's Gold in Them Thar Data, but It Ain't Where the Light's Brightest (Mandi Bishop, Dell)
- Rule No. 7: Corpus Is King (IBM — Watson)
Establishing New Rules During Digital Transformation
What the "New Rules" Tell Us About Technology Investment Today
- The Rules for Managing Data Must Change in the Transformation to Digital Healthcare
Gartner Recommended Reading