Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Supply chain leaders responsible for customer fulfillment must drive improvements in costs, cash and customer experience. "Zero-touch" orders, which flow through the order-to-cash process without human intervention, can enable these improvements.
Table of Contents
Implement a Root Cause Approach and Instill a Culture of Continuous Improvement to Support a Zero-Touch Initiative
Get Master Data and Technology Right, and Synchronize With Customers
- Make Data Accuracy Paramount
- Assign Clear Ownership of Product Data Quality and Audits
- Synchronize the Data With Customers
Clarify the Customer Value Proposition, and Enforce Customer Accountability to Service-Level Agreements
- Differentiate Requirements by Tier
- Hold Customers Accountable
Evaluate Opportunities to Automate Manual Processes
- Order Capture
- Internal Process Automation
- Implement a Root Cause Approach and Instill a Culture of Continuous Improvement to Support a Zero-Touch Initiative
Gartner Recommended Reading